Crispy calamares or deep-fried squid rings is a common appetizer in most Filipino restaurants and bars. It is even available as street food in some areas.
To get you munching good on these seafood, crispiness is the key. Learn how to make that perfect coating with this easy recipe:
Crispy Calamares Recipe
- 250 g medium to large sized squid cleaned and sliced into rings
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pc raw egg beaten
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooking oil
- In a bowl, combine the squid, salt, and ground black pepper then mix well.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat a cooking pot then pour-in cooking oil, over medium heat.
- Dredge the squid in flour then dip in beaten egg and roll over breadcrumbs.
- When the oil is hot enough, deep-fry the squid until the color of the coating turns brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the fried squid from the cooking pot and transfer in a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve with your preferred sauce.
Image Source: itscesarryan
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.