Crispy Bicol Express recipe is another variety of popular Bicol Express. Normally the pork boiled and fried until crispy.
Crispy Bicol Express Recipe
- 3 lbs. pork belly
- 1 (45 g) pack Knorr Ginataang Gulay Mix
- 3 to 4 pieces long green pepper, sliced
- Red and green chilli’s, chopped, as needed
- 3 tablespoons alamang
- 1 thumb garlic, sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 to 4 cups cooking oil
- 8 cups water
- Pour water in a cooking pot. Let boil.
- Add pork belly. Continue to cook for 30 minutes. Remove the pork belly. Let it cool down.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Bicol express sauce by adding Knorr Ginataang Gulay Mix into the remaining water in the cooking pot. Stir until well blended.
- Add the onion, ginger, and garlic. Let boil.
- Add the long green chili pepper and Thai chili. Stir. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Put the alamang into the cooking pot. Stir.
- Season with ground black pepper. Continue to cook until the sauce reduces to half. Set aside.
- Continue to prepare the pork belly by rubbing salt all over it. Let is stay for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep cooking pot or deep fryer. Once the oil reaches 330F, deep-fry the pork belly for 8 minutes. Let it rest for 5 minutes. Put it back into the pot or deep fryer and continue to deep fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pot. Slice. Arrange in a serving plate. Top with Bicol Express sauce.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply