Siomai is a Chinese dimsum. It’s main ingredients are pork and different seasonings wrapped in wonton wrapper then steamed or fried. For This recipe, we used pork and crab meat as its filling.
Crab And Pork Siomai Recipe
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 12 ounces crab meat
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 medium sweet onion, minced
- 1 cup minced carrots
- 1 pack won ton wrapper
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- Cooking oil spray
- 5 cups water (for steaming)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pork and crab meat. Mix well using a spatula or long wooden spoon.
- Add the sesame oil, egg, salt, pepper, onions, and carrots. Continue to mix until all the ingredients are properly incorporated. You can even mix using your hand if you feel comfortable doing this.
- Scoop around 1 to 1½ teaspoon of mixture and place at the middle of a wonton wrapper.
- Fold the wonton wrapper to cover all the sides. Make sure that you leave the top open. Do this step until you are down with the last shumai. If you need more guidance on this step, this pork siomai recipe cooking video might be helpful.
- Spray cooking oil on the base of a bamboo or metal steamer to avoid the shumai from sticking. I use Pam cooking oil spray all the time, but feel free to use whatever brand suits you. If you do not have a cooking oil spray around, you can spread about a tablespoon of cooking oil using a paper towel.
- Arrange the shumai on steamer. Make sure that you leave a little space in between each piece to prevent the shumai from sticking to each other.
- Pour the water into the steamer and let boil.
- Steam the crab and pork shumai for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the steamer and serve with ponzu or soy sauce and a lemon dip. ( Source: Philippines Food Recipes )
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.