Don’t throw away the Sapal ng niyog or in english coconut pulp. The pulp is nutritious and can be re-invented into a burger patty. It’s full of healthy fiber and good for our body too.
Coconut Burger Recipe
- 1/2 cup sapal ng niyog (or dessicated coconut, alternatively)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kinchay, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon refined salt
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp oil for frying
- In a large bowl, combine coconut sapal, garlic, black pepper, chopped onion and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Then add soy sauce, chopped kinchay and egg. Mix it again until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add flour to the mixture. (little by little)
- Freeze for 5 minutes to firm. This can be easily formed into patties once frozen quickly for 5 minutes.
- Deep fry in a shallow pot with enough oil.
- Drain off excess oil and transfer into paper lined plate.
- Serve with burger buns with catsup and vegetable garnish if preferred.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.