Coconut and Almond Pancakes is an option for healthy pancakes without the sugar and typical flour. Almond flour (also sold as almond meal) is a gluten-free option that you can find in most well-stocked markets. Serve with fresh berries. (This recipe is adapted from The Better Brain Solution Book)
Coconut and Almond Pancakes Recipe
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 5-10 minutes
Serves: 2-3 (makes about 6 medium pancakes)
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/16 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large organic, cage-free eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon organic ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 to 2 cups fresh berries of your choice
- Combine the almond flour, coconut, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine the almond milk, vanilla, and beaten eggs in a separate bowl.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture, mixing well.
- Heat a pan to medium heat. Add the ghee and melt. Ladle the pancake batter into the pan and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2 to 4 minutes, until golden.
- Heat the almond butter until warm and drizzle a spoonful over each stack of pancakes.
- Garnish with berries and serve.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.