Chicken Wanton Mami is so simply delicious. No to much complications but will definitely hit any tastebuds.
Chicken Wanton Mami Recipe
- 1 kilogram chicken, neck, backbones breast part, thigh and feet (cleaned well)
- 500 grams noodles (ramen or egg noodles, instant noodles)
- 6-8 wanton balls (or 1 pack frozen)
- 1 bunch pechay baguio (won bok/napa cabbage)
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic oil
- 1-2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- enough water (to make chicken broth)
- a handful of spring onions, minced
- boiled eggs, sliced (optional)
- toasted garlic (optional)
Prepare the Chicken Broth
- Boil chicken back bones, neck and feet in a large pot of water to cook a more flavorful broth; add chicken breast and or thigh part in boiling broth (you can boil all the chicken parts altogether)
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook the breast and thigh part until cooked through. Remove the breast/meaty parts and shred it for your toppings. Set it aside.
- Continue simmering the broth, the longer the better your broth will taste. (Discard other chicken parts and reserve the broth). In fact, this could be done a day before serving; Just keep it in ref or frozen. Then boil or simmered again, before serving time.
Prepare the Noodles
- You can use preferred egg noodles but not the fresh type. You may also use ramen type or the packed noodles/instant. Boil enough amount, drain and scoop out in a bowl.
Prepare the Toppings
- Add enough chicken shreds, and wanton balls, top with blanched pechay baguio or won bok or chinese broccoli leaves.
- Prepare chili garlic oil and soy sauce for seasoning.
- Pour enough boiling chicken broth and sprinkle with chopped spring onions, season with sesame oil and add slices of boiled eggs if preferred and toasted garlic.
Serve hot and enjoy.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.