Chicken Soup is a soup made from chicken, simmered in water, usually with various other ingredients. The classic chicken soup consists of a clear chicken broth, often with pieces of chicken or vegetables; common additions are pasta, noodles, dumplings, or grains such as rice and barley.
Chicken Sotanghon Soup Recipe
- 3.5 ounces (100 grams) dried sotanghon or mung bean noodles
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, julienned (cut into thin long, strips)
- 2 tablespoons achuete oil (I used Mama Sita’s Anato powder)
- 1 cup cabbage, julienned
- 1/2 pound boneless chicken breast, boiled and shredded
- 6 cups chicken or pork stock
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- spring onions, thinly sliced
- toasted garlic, garnish
- chili garlic oil, garnish
- soft boiled egg, 4 minutes
- In a medium bowl, soak vermicelli noodles in water for 10 minutes to soften. Once the noodles have softened slice them into preffered lengths using a pair of kitchen shears. Let it stand in water and set it aside.
- In a pan, heat achuete oil at medium to high heat. Fry garlic and onion until fragrant. Toss in carrots, cabbage, and shredded chicken breast. Add and stir in chicken and vegetables and let it coat in atchuete oil. Transfer in a big pot and pour chicken stock.
- Drain water from noodles and add them to the pan. Season with patis or fish sauce. Let it come to a boil and simmer until vegetables and noodles are cooked.
- Lastly, season with salt and freshly ground pepper top taste.
- Serve hot with extra toasted garlic. Enjoy!
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply