Chicken Sarciado refers to meat or seafood cooked in tomato sauce. Chicken Sarciado or kinamatisang manok is a tomato-based dish which consists of chicken, tomatoes, green peas, potatoes, tomato paste, laurel leaves, peppercorns, garlic, onion and some seasoning. It is similar to other tomato-based dishes like afritada, mechado and others.
There are several variations of making this dish. Some pan fry the chicken pieces first before adding it to the tomato paste mixture. While others use tomato sauce instead of tomato paste. Meanwhile, some added a variety of spices like paprika, oregano, parsley and others.
Chicken Sarciado Recipe
- 1 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large-sized onion, chopped
- 6 pieces tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 pieces laurel leaves
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan, heat oil then saute garlic, onion, and tomatoes until soft.
- Add chicken then saute for 3 minutes, season with fish sauce then cook until light brown.
- Add tomato paste and laurel leaves then stir cook for a minute.
- Add water then simmer for 30 minutes or until the meat is tender and the sauce reduced. Add more water if necessary.
- Adjust seasoning according to taste. Transfer to serving bowl then serve hot.
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply