Chicken Paella – This is one of our favourite paella recipe, it taste amazing, it’s easy to make and it has a lot of success in our house. We make this pretty often and even kid at home loves it!
Chicken Paella Recipe
- 1 kilo chicken (cut into small pc)
- 1/4 kilo chicken giblets & liver
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 2 large onions chopped
- 1/2 head garlic, minced
- 1 pc. bay leaf (laurel)
- 2 bell peppers, red & green (strips)
- 1/2 kilo tahong (cooked in shell)
- 3-4 crabs (cooked, quartered)
- 1 cup sweet green peas
- 2 chorizo de bilbao (sliced diagonally, 1/4′ thick)
- 1 tsp. pimenton powder
- salt to taste
- 1 hard-cooked egg (garnishing)
- 3 cups rice
- 4-5 cups water
- Saute and brown garlic in oil. Stir in half of chopped onions. When wilted, add chicken. Stir unitl light brown.
- Pour in tomato sauce. Add bay leaf and salt. Cover. Cook until almost done.
- Add pimenton, stir to blend well with sauce. Then, add pepper strips, tahong, shrimps, peas, chorizo, and crabs. Boil for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a big wok or KAWALI, saute’ remaining onions until soft. Add 1 can tomato sauce, water, and rice (previously washed). Stir to blend water with tomato sauce. When it boils, cover, lower heat to medium temperature and continue cooking until rice is cooked.
- When done, toss rice with fork to make it fluffy. Then, add 3/4 part of cooked mixture to rice. Increase heat. Mix to blend the cooked mixture and rice evenly. Cook until dries.
- Place in a big dish, spread the remaining cooked mixture on top. Garnish with sliced hard-cooked egg and chopped spring onion.Serve hot and enjoy.
Note: Image may vary with the end result of this recipe.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.