Yummy Chicken Orange – No need for take out, because from now on you can cook it anytime you feel like!
Chicken Orange Recipe
- 1 kilo boneless skinless chicken breasts fillet (cut into 1-1/2” cubes)
- 1 ½ cups all cassava starch
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Oil (for frying)
For Orange Sauce:
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 orange squeezed – about 4 tbsp.
- (Cut it in halves and use a spoon to squeeze out juice and a little pulp is not bad)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon orange zest (grated)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ginger root (minced)
- 2 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons cassava starch
- 3 tablespoons water (for cassava starch)
- Green Onions: Garnish
For the Chicken:
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt, and pepper. Dip each chicken in egg mixture and shake to remove excess eggs, roll to coat in flour mixture to coat and shake a bit to remove excess flour coating. Then fry chicken in batches at 375 degrees in a deep fryer until cooked in the inside (or use a small shallow sauce pot with oil). Drain from oil and transfer to a plate with paper towels. Set aside.
For the Sauce:
- In a large pan, pour 1 ½ cups water, lemon juice, orange juice, rice vinegar, and soy sauce. Whisk together over medium heat for a few minutes. Add in brown sugar, orange zest, ginger garlic, and onion. Let it boil. Pour a few drops of sesame oil to add a hint of flavor (about half a teaspoon)
- Dissolve 3 tablespoons of cassava starch with 1/4 cup of water and mix well. Gradually add and whisk cassava starch mixture into sauce until it becomes thick. Adjust heat to lowest and keep stirring. Turn off heat.
- Transfer chicken into serving plate and discard used paper towels. Pour sauce over breaded chicken. Sprinkle red pepper flakes and garnish with green onions. Enjoy!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.