The Chicken Inasal or Chicken Barbecue is the most popular dish of the Ilonggos. It is considered to be one of the oldest and most simple dishes. The Chicken Inasal is everywhere. From the small barbecue stand around the corner to the big city restaurants, it is surely a favorite of the Filipinos.
Chicken Inasal Recipe
- 4-5 large chicken thighs with the drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons garlic- minced
- 3/4 cup lemon grass-chopped
- 1 cup coconut vinegar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice or calamansi juice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup lemon soda or Sprite/7-Up
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons annatto oil (atsuete oil)
- 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or calamansi juice
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, lemongrass, salt, ground black pepper, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, vinegar, lemon-lime soda, and lemon juice.
- Mix well then add the chicken. Place chicken in chiller and marinate for 1 to 3 hours.
- In a bowl, combine butter or margarine, annatto oil, salt, and lemon juice. Stir and set aside.
- Cook the chicken over hot charcoal grill while basting generous amount of the margarine mixture.
- Serve hot with steamed or Java rice, sinamak, soy sauce with calamansi, and red chili peppers.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.