Try this chicken curry recipe with a little twist of vegetable – carrots! Chicken Curry Recipe a one pot meal that is bursting with flavors – the most delicious curry stew you will ever taste. Now, let’s get those ingredients and get cooking. Follow the recipe guide below.
Chicken Curry with Carrots Recipe
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 large green pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon dry rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Portuguese chicken spice
- 1.5 kg chicken pieces
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups turnip greens
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- In a large pot, heat the oil. Add the chopped onions, carrot and peppers. Fry until until onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic and all the spices. Fry for a minute but don’t burn the garlic.
- Add the chicken spices and stir to coat the pieces with the spice mix.
- Cook for two to three minutes before adding the chopped tomatoes. Season with chicken spice, pepper and rosemary.
- Close the lid and simmer on low heat for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the turnip greens. Let the curry simmer for another 2 -3 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and some turnip greens before serving.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.