Chicken Binagoongan is a Filipino recipe that cook with a shrimp paste (Bagoong Alamang) that gives flavor to the sauteed dish. The ingredients for this recipe is originally made with pork (Pork Binagoongan), but this time we will use chicken.
Chicken Binagoongan Recipe
- 1 whole chicken (cut in single portion)
- 1 cup of bagoong alamang (Shrimp Paste)
- 1 head of garlic (minced)
- 2 big onions (sliced)
- 4 tomatoes (diced)
- Fish Sauce
- Cooking oil
- 4 chili peppers (minced) or according to taste
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a casserole, put cooking oil and sauté garlic, onions, tomatoes and chillis. Add fish sauce and chicken.
- When chicken is tender, add bagoong/shrimp paste and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the vinegar and stir well, add the sugar and let it simmer for few minutes until it’s cooked.
Image Source: mileslimpag
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply