Chicken Bicol Express is chicken fillet stewed in coconut milk with lots of long green chili peppers and cayenne pepper. Its creamy and yet so spicy. This famous dish originated in the province of Bicol but with the meat pork.
Chicken Bicol Express Recipe
- 1/2 kilo of chicken breast fillet, sliced into serving pieces
- 3 cups coconut milk
- ½ cup Siling Haba, sliced diagonally (Long Green Chili pepper)
- 1-2 tablespoon of bagoong alamang or sautéed shrimp paste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 pieces siling labuyo (cayenne pepper)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Patis or fish sauce to taste
- Soak siling haba slices (long green chili pepper) in a bowl with water and salt for about 30 minutes. Rinse and drain water. Set it aside.
- In a wok, heat an oil to sauté garlic and onion until fragrant. Toss the chicken and sauté until it slightly golden brown. Add shrimp paste and season with ground pepper. Mix it well and toss it together for about a minute or two.
- Add coconut milk and let it boil and simmer over low heat until sauce is slightly thick in texture.
- Then add your sliced siling haba and siling labuyo (cayenne pepper). Season with fish sauce to taste. Stir it well and turn off heat.
- Serve it hot with a platter of hot steamed rice. Enjoy!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.