Bulalo Mami is the soup for the soul. A comfort food of every Filipino that warms up our hearts when feeling cold or just simply missing home.
Bulalo Mami Recipe
- 2 pieces beef shank w/ bone marrow
- 1 liter water
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pkg beef balls (about 15 pieces)
- 1 bunch pechay/bokchoy, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 3 whole corn on the cob, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds mami noodles
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced into wedges
- sliced green onions
- fried garlic
- lemon wedges
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Boil beef shanks in a large pot of water with onion and peppercorns until tender. Remove impurities that rise to the top.
- Remove beef from liquid and set aside.
- Add more water if less than 8 cups. Drop bouillon cubes, beef balls, corn on the cob to the boiling liquid. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, separate meat from the bone and chop into large chunks.
- Add the chopped meat and mami noodles, cook for another 5-7 minutes. Do not overcook the noodles. Check seasoning for more salt and pepper if needed.
- Add the sliced pechay/bokchoy. Cover the pot and turn off heat.
- Dish up the soup in a bowl and garnish with hard-boiled eggs, sliced green onions, fried garlic and lemon wedges.
Image Source: joemilhitalia
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply