Bulalo Beef Pares is a crossover between a Filipino beef shank soup known as Bulalo, and a favorite meal combination composed of stewed beef, garlic fried rice, and soup — this is called beef pares. This recipe literally performs the same process to make each individual dish.
Bulalo Beef Pares Recipe
- 3 lbs. beef shank
- 6 cups water
- 1 yellow onion, wedged
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 5 pieces star anise
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cups garlic fried rice.
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 thumb ginger, minced
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pour water into a pressure cooker. Let boil,
- Add wedged onion, ground black pepper, and salt.
- Put the beef shank in the pressure cooker. Cover and pressure cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the beef shank. Set the beef stock aside.
- In a clean pot, heat oil.
- Saute garlic, onion, and ginger.
- Add the boiled beef shank. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour soy sauce and 1¾ cups of beef stock (water used to boil beef) into the pot. Let boil. Cover and then cook in medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Add star anise. Cook for 12 minutes. Remove the star anise from the pot.
- Add brown sugar. Stir. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve with garlic fried rice and beef stock (soup).
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.