This Broccoli Chicken Wings recipe is a firm favourite of ours and a regular in our dinner table. Easy to make, just a few ingredients plus has vegetables for balance of flavour and nutrition. Plus the wings is probably the cheapest cut of poultry there is.
Broccoli Chicken Wings Recipe
- 12 chicken wings (about 1 kg)
- 1-1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- oil for frying
- 1 green onion, cut into 6 pieces
- 6 slices ginger root
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- dash of black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp water
- Cut and separate the wings at the joints, discard the tip or use for chicken stock. Clean the wings and pat them dry.
- Combine chicken wings and soy sauce in a bowl. Mix them well. Marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- While the wings are marinating, cut and separate the broccoli florettes. Wash well and steam for 3-4 minutes or until just about cooked. Line the sides of a serving plate with the cooked broccoli. Set aside.
- Heat wok then add oil. Deep fry wings until golden brown (about 5 minutes). Remove and set aside.
- Remove oil from the wok. Reheat the wok and add 1 Tbsp oil. Stir-fry the onions and ginger root until fragrant.
- Add wings and sauce; bring to boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Add thickener; stir until sauce has thickened. Dish up on the serving plate with broccoli. Serve.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.