Here’s an easy but delicious breakfast that needs no big intro. If you love bacon and eggs, this is for you! Bird’s Nest Breakfast is also a Mexican-inspired dish – using Mexican cheese blend, a little cayenne pepper plus cilantro and tomatoes. Most of all, it’s low carb and gluten-free!
Bird’s Nest Breakfast Cups (Baked Bacon and Eggs) Recipe
- 10 bacon strips
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican Taco Cheese Blend
- A pinch or two of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- A few tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F / 180C.
- In a large skillet or grill pan, cook bacon over medium heat for 3-4 minutes per side or until it begins to brown but is not yet crisp (still pliable).
- While you are cooking the bacon, whisk the eggs until combined.
- Stir in the shredded cheese. Season with a little salt and pepper and a pinch or two of cayenne pepper, if using.
- Grease the muffin pan.
- Place and wrap two bacon strips around the side of each muffin cup.
- Using a measuring cup, pour in the egg mixture in each prepared cup. Just divide it evenly among the cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until set. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with some chopped cilantro and have it with fresh chopped tomatoes. Low-carb, gluten-free and what a delicious breakfast!
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply