This Beef with Corn and Mushroom is quick and easy to cook. Your kids and family will surely enjoy this delicious meal for lunch or dinner. Super yummmy!
Beef with Corn and Mushroom Recipe
- 1 kilo beef sirloin, slice in strips (I used breakfast steak)
- 150 ml Lee Kum Kee Oyster sauce in pack (4 tbsp marinate and remainder for sautéeing)
- 2 tablespoon margarine/butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 pack Knorr Cream of Mushroom soup (powder dissolved in 2 cups water)
- 1 small can Jolly mushroom slices, drain from liquid
- 1 cup all purpose cream
- ½ cup water (4 ounce)
- 1 can corn kernel (I used Del Monte whole corn kernel)
- 1 tbsp cooking rice wine (omit if not available)
- Sprigs of Parsley, garnish
- Slice beef into strips and marinade in oyster sauce and cooking rice wine for about 1 hour. Cover and set it aside. In a pot of water, boil beef until it becomes tender for about 1 hour.
- In a pan, melt margarine over low heat. Sauté garlic, onions and mushroom until soft and fragrant. Add the beef and sauté for 1 or 2 minutes. Add remaining oyster sauce and sauté beef over low heat until beef becomes brownish.
- Pour in cream of mushroom soup and bring it to a boil. Let it simmer over low heat until beef becomes tender for about 30 minutes. Adjust little water if needed. The key is low heat.
- Once the beef is tender, pour in all purpose cream and corn kernels. Stir until well incorporated.
- Season with salt, sugar and pepper taste. Simmer for additional 5 minutes or until sauce becomes thick. Turn off heat and transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.