Simple and easy to make Beef Congee. Simple and quick to cook! Also known as Beef Lugaw recipe.
Beef Congee Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked Jasmine rice
- ½ pound ground beef (marinated in 1 tablespoon maggi seasoning, 1 tablespoon cornstarch)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch chunk ginger, peeled and sliced, slices pounded lightly with knife butt to release flavor
- 10 cups beef or chicken broth (water also would work)
- 1-½ tablespoons soy sauce
- ground white pepper, to taste
- minced scallions
- chopped cilantro
- Wash rice, drain and repeat until the water runs clear. Set aside.
- In a bowl, marinate the beef in the soy sauce, cornstarch for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat large stockpot over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons cooking oil. When the oil is hot, sautè the ground beef and garlic. Fry until the beef is browned.
- Pour the stock or water, add ginger, season with soy sauce and toss in washed rice. Adjust the heat to high until it boils.
- When the stock starts to boil, immediately turn the heat to low and simmer for 40 minutes. Taste and adjust with more soy and pepper if needed. Serve with chopped scallions and cilantro with eggs. (To cook on hot soup or pre boiled.)
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Image Source: lenayu
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply