Beef and Squash Stew – is very flavorful and just make sure the beef is very tender!
Beef and Squash Stew Recipe
- 1.5 lbs beef stew meat, boneless and cubed 2”
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups cubed squash
- 1 tsp oil
- chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- In a pan, Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Then add beef chunks; let it cook, toss and stirring it constantly, for about 5 minutes and until beef is brown.
- Next, add in the chopped onions and bell peppers. Continue to cook and stir it constantly for about 3-5 minutes and or until onion are soft and fragrant.
- Add garlic and continue to stir for 1 minute.
- Once the garlic becomes slightly toasted, add tomatoes, broth, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Let it come to a boil. Adjust heat to medium-low. Place pot cover and cook for additional 40 minutes.
- Remove pot cover, add squash and let it cook until tender. Stir occasionally and simmer for about 8 to 12 minutes.Once the sauce has thickened and the beef is fork-tender. Turn off heat.
- Remove bay leaf and serve chopped with parsley on top. Share and enjoy!
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply