Try this Basic Hamonado and surely you’ll love this.
Basic Hamonado Recipe
- 1 kilogram Pork Liempo
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp white pepper (optional)
- ¼ cup rock salt
- 4 cups pineapple juice (unsweetened)
- 3 tbsp All Purpose Seasoning (optional only but not required)
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- Mix 1 cup brown sugar and about ¼ cup rock salt and dredge each piece of meat on both sides. I added All Purpose Seasoning for added flavor because I have an extra sitting in the pantry. But this is just optional.
- Set aside for at least 48 hours fully immersed in marinade. White pepper is optional. you may add more of either sugar or salt accordingly.
- In a large skillet, heat enough oil and fry crushed garlic until brown. Remove from oil and set aside. Fry all the liempo into the oil for about 5 minutes (remove excess marinade). Fry it on both sides until lightly brown. Drain from oil and transfer into another plate.
- In another large pan, add the liempo, toasted garlic, pineapple juice and left over marinade.
- Bring it to boil then adjust heat to low. Let simmer and cook slowly until meat is tender for about 20 minutes. Once the juice caramelizes with the oil and melted sugar becomes well blended. The color should be golden brown. Turn off heat.
Image Source: yoys.kitchen
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply