Bangus Sardines or milkfish sardines is composed of carrots and sliced pickle, siling labuyo or finger chili, bay leaves, peppercorn and clove. Since there are plenty of bangus or milkfish in the Philippines it can easily provide and and you can have it as seldom as you can. Why don’t you try our delicious homemade Bangus sardines?
Bangus Sardines Recipe
- 1kg Baby Bangus (approx.. 10-20 pcs a kilo )
- 2 cups Olive oil.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Brandy
- 1/2 cup sweet mixed pickles ( sweet pickle relish)
- 6 pcs. hot Chili peppers
- 6 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 medium carrots
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. whole peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp crushed peppercorns
- 3 pcs. bay leaves
- Clean and cut the bangus into haft without removing the scales.
- Arrange bangus in layers on rack in pressure cooker.
- Pour in the remaining ingredients and make sure all the ingredients are scattered around the bangus.
- Cover the pressure cooker and boil for 1 hour without a pressure control.
- Then place the pressure control and cook under pressure for another hour.
- Then allow cooling before removing the cover.
- Served with rice and enjoy the delicious taste of bangus sardines.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.