Baka Tim recipe is a special recipe you can master which simply best in taste and of course absolutely delicious.
Baka Tim Recipe
- 1 Kilogram Beef (mechado cut)
- 1 can Dole pineapple slice, reserve juice
- 1 small can pineapple juice, (unsweetened)
- 5 tablespoon premium light soy sauce (or soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 5 tablespoon oyster sauce (I used Panda)
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cups beef broth* (8 oz. per cup)
- 1-2 star anise
- 2 bay leaves (dahon ng laurel)
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2-4 cups hot water, (8 oz. per cup)
- 1 tbsp rice wine (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic,minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot, marinate beef with 3 tbsp vinegar, 5 tbsp soy sauce, 5 tbsp oyster sauce, 1 star anise, 2 bay leaves, 2 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 small can unsweetened dole pineapple juice (240ml). Cover pot and let it marinate for at least an hour. Set aside.
- After marination time, heat pot over medium heat. Start cooking beef with the marinade sauce. Let the marinade sink in to the beef as you let it simmer over low heat. Once the sauce is reduced, you can add 2 cups beef broth.
- Cover pot, let it boil and simmer for about 2 hours and 15 minutes. You need to watch over your pot, and add hot water ½ cup at a time to prevent the sauce from drying up.
- Adjust heat to high every time you add more water and adjust it back to low when it starts to boil. Cover pot and let it simmer.
- Also, stir the beef from time to time to even out cooking and prevent the sauce from drying up. Just a reminder to add the last batch of ½ cup reserve syrup on the final stage of simmering the beef.
- Once the beef is so tender by 2 hrs and 15 minutes (beef meat are almost falling off on the sides), add the last ½ cup of reserve syrup. Add 2 tablespoon of light soy sauce and 1 star anise and stir well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the slurry mixture and stir to thicken the sauce. Add 2 teaspoon of sesame oil and stir well. Add the pineapple slices on top and let it cook for few more seconds but do not mix, to prevent mashing up the pineapple slices.
- Turn off heat and transfer to serving bowl. Serve and enjoy!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.