Bagoong fried rice is traditionally a Thai dish known as khao kluk kapi. This dish usually consists of kapi or Thai shrimp paste, chicken or pork, glutinous rice, dried shrimp, green mangoes, Thai chilies, shallots, egg, cucumber, seasoning and a whole lot more.
To make this dish, we bought commercially available bottled shrimp paste. We also used Chinese chorizo instead of chicken and pork. If you want your bagoong fried rice to be spicy, you can also add chopped siling labuyo. Enjoy!
Easy Bagoong Fried Rice Recipe
- 2 cups leftover rice
- 1 tbsp bagoong
- 2 pcs Chinese chorizo, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic,minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- cooking oil
- 1 ripe mango, sliced
- 1 raw egg, beaten
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- siling labuyo (optional)
- In a pan, heat oil and cook the beaten egg. Slice into thin strips and set aside.
- In the same oil, fry the Chinese chorizo until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, saute garlic, onion and the bagoong.
- Add the leftover rice and mix well.
- Serve with ripe mangoes, cucumber, scrambled eggs and Chinese chorizo.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.