Atsarang labanos is a pickled radish. It goes well with my lechon kawali or fried fish recipes. The sweet-sour taste of this condiments really improves the flavor of the food.
Atsarang Labanos Recipe
- 2 pcs – medium size radish
- 1 pc – ripe tomato
- 1 pc – medium size onion (sliced)
- 1 cup – white vinegar
- 1 cup – sugar
- 1/2 cup – salt
- Peel radish skin then slice crosswise into thin slices.
- Put radish in big bowl and sprinkle with ½ cup of salt. Mix well and set aside for 30 minutes. Its juice will come out naturally. This process is to remove the pungent taste of the radish.
- Rinse radish with water and drain.
- Cut tomato and remove the seeds. Slice it into wedges.
- In a bowl, mix vinegar and sugar. Blend well. (Note: You may vary the volume of sugar depending on the acidity of the vinegar.)
- Put it in a glass container and refrigerate. Best served the following day.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.