Ampalaya with Alamang, A low-cost meal that is good for the family. Sauteed Bitter Gourd with Salty Shrimp Relish (Alamang).
Ampalaya with Alamang Recipe
- ½ kilo of fresh alamang (washed, cleaned and drained)
- 3 to 4 pcs of ampalaya (bitter gourd)
- 3 pcs garlic (crushed)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1–2 pcs medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp of oyster sauce
- Finely slice ampalaya, wash and let soak for an hour over water with salt. This is to reduce the
- Bitter taste. After an hour wash ampalaya over running water to eliminate the bitter taste and
- Salt while tightly squeezing it.
- Saute garlic, onion, and tomatoes
- Add 1 tsp oyster sauce
- Add in drained alamang, cook until color changes
- Add washed, crushed and drained ampalaya
- Cook for about 3 mins.
- Season with salt and dash of black pepper
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.