Almondigas is a comforting Pinoy dish made of meatballs and a thin noodles called miswa. It is good for rainy season or as much as you crave for soup.
- 1 cup ground pork
- 1/2 cup shrimp, shelled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp green onions or chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup white onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp lard (you can substitute cooking oil)
- 5 cups shrimp stock or plain water
- 1 cup miswa (thin white noodles like vermicelli)
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- patis (fish sauce)
- Mix the pork, shrimp, green onions, egg, salt and pepper.
- Shape into balls measuring an inch in diameter.
- In a deep pan, saute the garlic and onions in lard.
- Add the stock or water and bring to boil.
- Drop meat balls a few at a time into the boiling water.
- Once the meat balls are done, add the noodles, and then immediately remove the pan off the heat.
- Season with salt or patis. Soy sauce and lemon juice can be on the side.
- Garnish with finely chopped green onions or chives at the top.
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply