Adobong Manok sa Gata combines this rustic Filipino dish that warms the heart and creamy coconut milk for a more comforting, satisfying meal. Yes there are many ways how to cook adobo and here is the one way which is Adobong manok sa gata. With the twist of coconut cream this adobo dish is very delicious and yet very simple easy to follow.
Adobong Manok sa Gata
- 1 kg chicken cut into serving pieces
- 1 whole garlic, minced
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 4 pcs bay leaves
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp whole peppercorns
- In a separate pot saute garlic in oil using low heat until golden brown. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add chicken and fry until browning occurs.Add water, vinegar, soy sauce, peppercorn, bay leaves and sugar then bring to a boil and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Drain and reserve the liquid, In a separate frying pan add oil and fry the drained meat in high heat browning the sides.
- Mix coconut cream and the drained liquid together then pour the mixture in the pan.
- Add chillies.
- Serve hot with rice. Enjoy!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.