Adobong Isaw ng Baboy or pork intestine cooked in adobo sauce until it becomes very tender. Please eat in moderation. Best serve for “pulutan” or appetizer.
Adobong Isaw ng Baboy Recipe
- ½ kilogram pork isaw, cleaned well
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed and sliced
- 1 tsp ginger, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ⅛ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ½ tsp whole black peppercorns
- 2-3 pcs red chili peppers
- 1½ tsp salt
- 8 pcs dahon ng laurel (bay leaves)
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- ½ tsp achuete powder (annatto)
- 3 cups water
- Under running water, thoroughly clean the intestines. Transfer it in a pot, bring it to a boil with rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon whole black peppercorns and 4 pieces dahon ng laurel until it becomes tender.
- Drain water/broth and transfer pork intestines in a bowl. Slice into small pieces or preferred bite size. Set it aside.
- In a pan, heat some oil, sauté garlic and ginger until light brown. Add in the sliced pork intestines and continue to sauté for additional 2 minutes.
- Add in the black peppercorns, achuete powder, 4 pieces dahon ng laurel, soy sauce, white vinegar and ¼ cup water. Let it boil.
- Then season with sugar, red chili pepper, salt and pepper to taste. Toss it well.
- Continue to cook and simmer over low heat until most of the liquid has evaporated (and all the flavors of adobo are absorbed by the pork intestine).
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Image Source: reynaldthefoodmonsta
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply