Adobong baboy sa gata or pork adobo in coconut milk is a version of Filipino pork wherein coconut milk or cream is added towards the end of the cooking process. The additional ingredient makes the regular adobong baboy richer and more interesting.
Adobong Baboy Sa Gata Recipe
- 1 kg pork shoulder, cut into 2- inch cubes
- 250 g water
- 125 g vinegar
- 60 g soy sauce
- 225 g coconut milk
- 1pc onion, thinly sliced
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- 4 pcs Thai chili peppers, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- In a pot, combine the pork, onions, garlic, peppercorns, bay leaves, water, vinegar and soy sauce. Apply medium heat and bring to a boil for about 5 minutes (skim scum that floats on top).
- Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for about 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Drain the meat and reserve the aromatics and 1 cup of the liquid.
- Pour the oil in a wide pan over medium heat. Add meat and aromatics and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Add- in the reserved liquid, coconut milk, and chili peppers.
- Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or until meat is completely cooked and sauce is reduced and thickened.
- Season with salt to taste. Transfer to a serving plate and enjoy!
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply