Bacolod City’s Chicken Inasal is a popular dish from the City of Smiles. It is not marinated or prepared like the usual chicken barbecue found in the rest of the country.
The marinate does not make use of soy sauce and consists of other ingredients to create a unique flavor found only in this part of the Philippines. There are different variations to this dish’s preparation.
Bacolod Chicken Inasal Recipe
- 1 kilo chicken; breast and wings preferred
- 4 stalks lemon grass; cut into short, thin strips
- 1 lemon; juice extracted
- 1 lime; juice extracted
- 4 cloves garlic; crushed
- 2 tablespoons 7-Up or Sprite soda
- ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup annatto seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- chili pepper flakes (optional)
- skewers for grilling (or barbeque stick)
- salt to taste
- cooking oil
- In a bowl, marinate chicken overnight in salt, pepper, garlic, lemon grass, lime and lemon juice, and 7-up or Sprite soda. Set aside.
- Fry annatto seeds in cooking oil. Let cool, crush, and drain the annatto oil in a bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare a mixture for bashing by mixing annatto oil, marinade, and butter. Pan boil for few minutes and season with salt and MSG if desired. – Filipinos, sometimes, has this tantsa tantsa lang (estimate and approximate) method of cooking. Experiment, therefore, on your best combination.
- Skew the chicken and grill over the hot charcoal, brushing it with the mixture once in a while. Grill until done.
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply