Sweet Chocolate Caramel Squares – Known as Millionaire’s Shortbread, presumably because they are so rich, they consist of a layer of crumbly shortbread, a layer of soft caramel and a layer of chocolate.
Sweet Chocolate Caramel Squares Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (11 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels (such as Hershey’s®), unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix flour, butter, and brown sugar together in a bowl; press into a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle pecans and coconut over crust. Pour sweetened condensed milk over pecans and coconut.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Heat caramels and milk together in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour caramel sauce over baked sweetened condensed milk. Sprinkle chocolate chips over caramel. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.