Rocky Road Ice Cream – you don’t need to buy an expensive ice cream at the groceries that may contain preservatives, emulsifiers and glucose.
You can easily make your homemade ice cream for a small budget. The instruction below is for people who doesn’t have an ice cream maker. Yes, your ice cream cravings will be better starting today than yesterday.
Rocky Road Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream (alternatively you can use chilled all purpose cream)
- 1 *14oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup hot milk
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup miniature marshmallows
- ½ cup roasted cashew, chopped
- Electric hand mixer (or if you have a blender you can also use it)
- Airtight Ice Cream Container (old or recycled is ok too)
- Dissolve cocoa powder in ¼ cup hot milk in a small mug.
- In a mixing bowl or a blender pitcher, whip heavy whipping cream, condensed milk and dissolved cocoa until fluffy.
- Chill the mixture for at least one hour. After one hour remove it from freezer and beat it again with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Transfer it back in the freezer for about 40 minutes and repeat the same procedure of beating.
- Repeat the same procedure 1 or 2 more times until it becomes so smooth and no trace of crystals. (40 minute freeze-then-beat cycle).
Optional for you:
- However it’s ok not to beat your ice cream repetitively every 40 minutes until frozen. You can easily just let it freeze for about 8 hours. It’s also perfect I tried both trick. It’s all up to you, it will be so smooth the more you beat the mixture as it gradually freeze.
- You can fold the chocolate chips, marshmallows, chopped almonds and cashew into the ice cream after your last beat.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.