Puto Flan is one the popular Filipino dessert similar to leche flan. This fluffy and delicious variation of the famous steamed rice cake, become the number one choice for its creamy egg flan on the bottom.
Puto Flan Recipe
For the Puto:
- 2 cups of All-purpose flour
- 4 tsps Baking powder
- 2/3 cup of white granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 & 1/4 cup of water
- Few drops of yellow food coloring (optional)
For the Flan:
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (370g)
- 2 tsps of lemon or calamansi juice
- Create the flan by mixing the egg yolks and condensed milk, then add the lemon/calamansi juice.
- Heat water in you steamer, and then bring to a boil. Grease your puto moulds lightly, and fill them with your flan mixture about 1/3 full.
- Steam your flan for 20 minutes. Check your flan once in a while and see if the flan is almost cooked and no longer in its liquid form. Once it is ready, set aside.
- To create your puto mixture, start by sifting the dry ingredients together. Add the wet ingredients and mix (remember not to overmix).
- Add your puto mixture over your flan mixture and steam again for around 15 minutes. Or until it has risen and shows a shiny dome.
- Allow them to cool down before your remove them from the moulds to make sure that the flan and the puto stick together.
- Use a knife to loosen the puto from the mould and tap slightly to release.
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply