Monggo Ice Candy are Filipino style frozen treats made out of sweet milk blended azuki red beans placed in small plastic bags. This monggo ice candy is an alternative refreshing dessert during summer. And uh oh, you can definitely earn some extra income if you made a lot of this and start selling with your neighbors. It’s worth a try!
Monggo Ice Candy Recipe
- 1 cup red beans
- 1 large can evaporated milk
- 1/2 can condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- ice candy plastic bags
- Cook red beans in medium heat with water until tender (this will take around 1 1/2 hrs.). Once cooked let it cool then set it aside.
- Set aside 1/3 amount of cooked red beans.
- Place evaporated milk, condensed milk, sugar, remaining 2/3 the amount of red beans with 2 cups of water from boiling in a blender. Blend until mixed together but leave some texture from the red beans
- Using a funnel, add 1 tsp of cooked red beans the pour the blended mixture in. Tie tightly and do with the remaining mixture.
- Freeze then serve.
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply