Mango Turon is the twist on the favorite Filipino dessert, Banana Turon or Sweet Banana springroll. Think Jollibee’s Peach-mango pie — it is somewhat similar to that, except that it’s just ripe mango and in a crunchy spring roll instead of the flaky pie crust.
Mango Turon Recipe
- 10 pcs. Semi-ripe Apple Mango (Indian Mango or any kind of ripe, sweet mango(cut thinly)
- 4 tablespoon Sugar
- 3 tablespoon Water
- 50 grams Ripe Langka (Jack fruit)
- 10-12 pieces Lumpia or Spring roll wrapper (large)
- Cooking Oil for frying
- Dissolve the sugar in water, cook until a little caramelized.
- Add in sliced mangoes and ripe langka and cook until the mangoes are soft. Set aside.
- Roll in lumpia or springroll wrapper.
- Fry and serve as it is or with ice cream. (Put with ice cream on top of each one when serving so the hot turon partly melts down the ice cream).
Image Source: chaastefamilymarket
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.