Macapuno Ice Cream – Easy to do homemade soft and creamy ice cream without using ice cream maker.
Macapuno is also known as “mutant coconut” because the meat inside of this naturally occurring oddity is more abundant and softer than the meat found in normal coconuts.
Macapuno Ice Cream Recipe
- 568 ml heavy cream or all purpose cream, chilled
- 2/3 can of Carnation light condense milk
- 1/2 jar of Macapuno strings
- 2 tbs. granulated sugar (optional if you want really sweet)
- 1 tsp of Macapuno extract
- Macapuno strings to top
- 1/2 cup cooked tapioca or sago
- Strain macapuno and drain to remove the syrup. Set aside
- Into a bowl add in the cream, condense, and sugar.
- Beat using electric hand mixer until well combined and creamy.
- Add in the macapuno extract and the drained macapuno and just mixed them through with spatula.
- Put it into a container and seal properly so no air comes in. Smooth over the top.
- Put into the freezer overnight and let it set.
- You can cooked some colorful tapioca’s or sago for serving. You can buy the colored tapioca.
Image Source: burntlumpiablog.com
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply