Leche flan is a delicious egg-based dessert popular in the Philippines, where it is served on celebratory occasions. It’s a perfect pairing of sweet, rich caramel and creamy custard. See for a simple recipe on how this been made.
Leche Flan Recipe
- 10 pieces raw eggs
- 1 small can condensed milk
- 1 cup fresh milk (or evaporated milk)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Remove the yolk from the egg white (only egg yolks will be used).
- Beat them using a fork or an egg beater.
- Add the condensed milk and mix thoroughly.
- Pour-in the fresh milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Put the mold (llanera) on top of the stove and heat using low fire.
- Put the granulated sugar into the mold and mix thoroughly until the solid sugar turns into liquid (caramel) having a light brown color.
- Spread the caramel (liquid sugar) evenly on the flat side of the mold.
- Wait for 5 minutes, then pour the egg yolk and milk mixture on the mold.
- Cover the top of the mold using an aluminum foil.
- Steam the mold with egg and milk mixture for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Refrigerate when the temperature cool down after steaming.
- Serve for dessert.
Watch the Video – Leche Flan
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.