Coffee jelly is a jelly dessert flavored with coffee and sugar.
The combination of this two ingredients makes coffee jelly an extraordinarily simple dessert—it’s bouncy and chewy, milky sweet and bitter, creamy yet gel-like. You can serve it as plainly or as elaborately as you’d like. Try out our guide below!
Coffee Jelly Recipe
- 5 teaspoons (1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons) unflavored gelatin*
- 1/2 cup coffee liqueur
- 3 cups prepared hot strong coffee or espresso
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Sweetened whipped cream
- In a large bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the coffee liqueur; let stand until the gelatin is softened, about 5 minutes. Once the gelatin is softened, add hot coffee, sugar, and salt; stir the mixture until the gelatin is completely dissolved and the mixture is clear.
- Pour the coffee liquid into either eight (8) individual jello molds, custard cups, dessert glasses, or coffee cups.
- Refrigerate until the jellies are firm
- When ready to serve, remove from refrigerator. If poured into jello molds, unmold before serving. Add some sweetened whipped cream to the top of each jelly and serve
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.